Welcome to the online energy sector map developed by DiXi Group analytical center under the Transparent Energy project with financial support provided by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
This interactive map illustrates the flow of raw materials and funds in the gas, electricity, heat, and petroleum product sectors. With the map’s help you can quickly find out who earns how much on the markets and which rules apply to which participants. The energy sector map includes interesting infographics updated with new statistics (as they become available) and allows the user to compare energy prices.
The easy to use map helps to understand how the energy sector works. Thus, every consumer has the opportunity to learn:
- through whose “hands” electricity must travel in order to reach your home;
- the path that gas must take before arriving at the gas stove;
- the distance heat travels before heating the batteries in rooms, and;
- how fuel enters your favorite gas station.
All the data displayed on the map is collected from open sources in order to fully show who, what, and how much is bought, who sells to whom and how much gets undisclosed. Thus, by using this map, you can find all the relevant information about how money is turned into energy as well as where the data remains unavailable or hidden.
Navigation on the map is designed to be as simple as possible and does not require any special skills. Once on the first page, you can "travel" along each of the four value chains that are connected by links and by using the navigation menu located on the side panel.
Within each chain - electricity, heat, gas and petroleum products - you can get comprehensive information on each of their elements, specifically:
- basic characteristics and figures;
- infographics with the ability to download the underlying data sets;
- a selection of the most relevant discoveries made by journalists, and;
- "black boxes" identified by experts - areas where information is hidden and/or potentially misused;
We strive for perfection so we very much appreciate any comments, questions or useful feedback that you have to share via [email protected]
Let's make the energy industry transparent and understandable to everyone!